Five Island Tour
14-20 May 2018
- Call for nominations for the Flatwater and Ocean Racing Committee Nov 14, 2019Nominations are now being called for members of the Ocean Racing Committee and the newly formed Flatwater Committee for 2020. A Flatwater Committee, which will oversee the planning and management of both sprint and marathon racing within Queensland will commence operation in 2020. This committee will replace the previous Sprint and Marathon Technical Committees. An Ocean […]
- 2019 Paddle Queensland Award Winners Oct 30, 2019We had our Paddle Queensland Awards Night last month and are delighted to announce the winners. Included is a small excerpt from their nomination form detailing their suitability for the award. Congratulations to all of our winners! Paddler of the Year: Luke Chapman “Luke is a fit and athletic young man who has been […]
- Flatwater Guide and Instructor Training Oct 28, 2019FLATWATER GUIDE & INSTRUCTOR TRAINING Do you are anyone you know need accreditation / qualifications to lead groups on inland waters [rivers & lakes]? This is the Paddle Queensland pathway to prepare you for the Assessment to achieve your Paddle Australia qualification. What you will learn: ✔ safety briefings and trip equipment ✔ paddling skills and stroke […]
- 2019 Flatwater School Champs Wrap up Oct 25, 2019The Schools Flatwater Championships were held on Saturday 19th October 2019 at Coomera Lakes Regatta Centre . It was the first time we combined both Marathon and Sprint disciplines. This format created a full day of racing for paddlers and a fun atmosphere for spectators. We had 120 competitors from many schools in South-East QLD […]
- School Holiday Programs Sep 11, 2019Upcoming School Holiday Programs All equipment and instruction is provided, perfect for beginners or those with experience. CHILLOUT A great opportunity to get the kids out paddling and exploring our waterways. Get a group of friends together or come on your own for three hours of fun with water games and activities. GOLD’n’KIDS This program […]
- Canoe Sprint Grand Prix Kicks Off Tokyo 2020 Selection Season & New Olympic Chapter for Alyce Wood Dec 5, 2019New season & new Olympic chapter for Alyce Wood (nee Burnett) and the Wood Family Paddle Australia’s best Olympic and Paralympic sprint paddlers and a strong contingent of Australia’s up and coming sprint talent will come together at Adelaide’s West Lakes this weekend at the Canoe Sprint Grand Prix 1 – the first hit-out of […]
- Paddle Australia Seeks Nominations for Members of the Paddle Australia Stand Up Paddling Committee Dec 4, 2019Paddle Australia (PA) is pleased to announce we are seeking nominations for our first Stand Up Paddling (SUP) Technical Committee. The formation of this committee will allow PA to officially recognise SUP in our paddling community. PA is seeking Expressions of Interest for members of the Paddle Australia SUP Technical Committee (PASUPTC). Role of the […]
- 2020 PA Wildwater Canoeing Championships – Entries Closing soon Dec 1, 2019The 2020 Paddle Australia Canoe Wildwater Championships will be held on the 13th – 15th December 2019 on the Mitta Mitta River. Entries for the competition will be closing on Friday 6th December 2019 at 5pm (AEDT). Make sure you get your entries in before it is too late, CLICK HERE to enter. Head over to the […]
- The Mitta Mitta Paddling Festival Nov 26, 2019Calling fun-loving folk and community groups! Come to the lovely township of Mitta and enjoy these fun, participation based events on lovely, easy flowing water around the township of Mitta. Held well below the wildwater course, they are ideal for all abilities and craft (sit ons, plastics, canoes, touring kayaks as well as racing boats). […]
- Why I Always Wear a PFD Nov 25, 2019PA’s 2019 Master Paddler of the Year, Terry Bolland, shares his thoughts on the importance of wearing a PFD. A member of the Progressive Racing Group asked me last Tuesday – why do I always wear a PFD when no-one else does? I suppose I do look strange and I expect that most people think […]
QSKC Merchandise is now available for ordering online via PayPal.
Members can buy and sell kayaking gear via the Classifieds page.