All membership enquiries are welcome. Please contact the Membership Officer: Peter Mc Leod, firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Join Our Club
Paddle with like-minded people.
Meet other kayakers and make new friends while paddling the coastline of Queensland and beyond.
Paddling with others adds a fun and interesting dimension to your favourite activity. Become a part of and contribute to the social fabric that is the Club!
Our Club trips are run by members who are qualified Trip Leaders. These trips include short day trips, long day trips and overnight trips in a variety of locations.
You’ll find trips in the calendar in areas in all parts of the SE Qld coastline and you will enjoy the scenery, the challenge, and the company.
Several of our club members run a paddle on a weekly basis.
Regular Skills Training.
In addition to our regular trips and great paddles there are a number of formal training events are organised each year. You’ll learn kayak rolling, tips, tricks and techniques from experienced Club members who are also qualified instructors. You will become a safer paddler and get more enjoyment from being on the water.
Benefits of Membership
Becoming a financial member of the Queensland Sea Kayak Club (QSKC) carries with it significant benefits for paddlers 18 years and over (not offered by informal paddling groups). Some of these benefits include:
- 24/7 personal accident insurance *
- 24/7 public liability third party personal injury and third party property insurance *
- 24/7 professional indemnity insurance*
- Free Classified Advertisements on our Website. We will run these ads on our website free for up to four months or until you request the ad be removed.
- Club paddles are covered by our club insurance policies. We purchase coverage for public liability, professional indemnity and personal accident insurance for members.
- Club trips that are structured according to national safety guidelines and which are led by Trip Leader(s) who adhere to risk management protocols
- Specific training and skills development programmes including access to highly qualified Sea Kayak Instructor / Assessor(s) which are provided free or at a subsidised cost to financial members
- E-newsletters with the latest news, information, events and special offers with Paddle Australia.
- Discounts off selected educational courses and other services offered by Paddle Australia and your State Paddle Association
- Contribution to advocacy for waterways access and water quality
- Contribution to fostering growth in grassroots paddling including supporting school and community education and participation programs
* Conditions apply. View insurance policy details at paddle.org.au/membership/insurance/
QSKC uses an online membership system provided by Paddle Australia. If you have problems registering, please contact the Membership Officer (details above). To join QSKC, please register using the membership system as explained below or in the how to guide found HERE. Once you have registered, please arrange payment of membership fees (The club’s preferred payment method for membership fees is via credit/debit card using a Paddle Australia’s secure online payment portal or see below for more options). The membership application is approved manually by a Committee member and you will be sent a welcome email. Once you receive the welcome letter you will be able to register for club events.
If you have not been a member of QSKC previously and wish to join, then please follow this link to begin the Registration Process: Paddle Australia. At the login screen, select Sign Up next to the New Member?. At the next screen, Fill in your personal details as requested. Agreement with the End User Agreement is required. When prompted select Join a Club or Renew Club Membership. At the Club finder enter Queensland Sea Kayak and click search. (You can change the clubs found from MAP to LIST). Select the Senior 1 year Membership Continue the process to the end and make payment.
For current members of a Paddle Australia affiliated club, you will need to login to Paddle Australia using the username/password you were provided with when you joined your initial club. Once logged in click the Membership tab link on the top of the page. At the following screen select the Club Membership to connect yourself to another club. At the Club finder enter Queensland Sea Kayak and click search. (You can change the clubs found from MAP to LIST). Select the Senior 1 year Membership Continue the process to the end and make payment.
For Membership renewal, you will need to login to Paddle Australia using the username/password you were provided with when you joined. Once logged in click the Membership tab link on the top of the page. At the following screen select the Queensland Sea Kayak Club Inc. Select the Senior 1 year Membership Continue the process to the end. Arrange for payment of the correct fee. For confirmation, the correct fees are displayed below.
QSKC membership is based on a financial year.
The club’s preferred payment method for membership fees is via credit/debit card using a Paddle Australia’s secure online payment portal. New or renewing members, who wish to pay by other means, need to request an invoice at the checkout and contact the membership officer to pay via EFT or cheque.
Membership officer can be contacted via email – email@example.com