Grade 2 Paddler Assessment
Below is the minimum requirement for assessment of a Grade 2 paddler for the QSKC. The below can be demonstrated through attending a scheduled assessment day or by prior arrangement attending a paddle led by a Sea Guide or higher. Assessments to be carried out in open ocean conditions.
Grade 2 Grading Definition
A Grade 2 paddler can participate in a trip up to the following conditions:
- Open to members (Grade 2 assessed) and qualified visitors at Trip Leaders discretion
- Seas to 1m and surf to .5m
- Paddles up to 20km per day, if more than 20km trip leaders must show in their planning/trip briefing that they have taken the distance into consideration
- If wind is over 20 knots, trip leaders must show in their planning/trip briefing that they have taken the wind into consideration
- Max distance of 5NM (9.2km) from shore.
- Maintain a cruising speed of 5km/hour